All people dream, but not equally.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their mind,
Wake in the morning to find that it was vanity.

But the dreamers of the day are dangerous people,
For they dream their dreams with open eyes,
And make them come true.

D. H. Lawrence

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

About Me

My name is Denise Minick and I own a grant writing and research company called I Grant You This! I am Canadian and live in Toronto, Ontario (a city that I have come to love) with my 15-year old cat, Booboo and a wonderful circle of friends.

This blog is written for people who are doing good or new or interesting things but don't know where to look for funding or are put off by the prospect of writing a grant proposal. This blog will help ease their burden by providing information on funding agencies and grants and grant writing tips and tricks. If you are trying to establish a charitable or non-profit agency or, if you are an artist or a musician, a filmmaker or entrepreneur – you will probably find something here that you can use. Posts will be published twice a week.

My philosophy of grant writing is simple. It's all about seduction - to write in such a way that the funder is compelled to support your work. Of course, research and presentation count too but by my reckoning - writing is key.

I welcome your questions and your comments, so please drop me a line. Email me at igrantyouthis at gmail dot com.

No comments:

Post a Comment